Monday, August 19, 2013

Choosing my bridesmaids and maid of honour.

We have picked the wedding date and looked into potential venues.. so what's next you ask?!

The MOST exciting task ever LOL- choosing my bridesmaids and maids of honour.

This task allows me to choose some of my favourite people that I want to stand by me, on the happiest day of my life.  I wanted to make the selection process heartfelt, so I sent all the ladies a personal email asking them to be my BM or MOH. Each lady will also receive a special surprise (thanks to ideas on Pinterest)  from myself and Hari !

Unfortunately, I cannot share this with all of you yet because not everyone has received theirs. However, I promise to upload it in a future post...so keep stay tuned !
My maids of honour; I asked both my sisters Simpy & Harkiran to do me the honors, as I could not choose one over the other and I love them equally. Simpy does claim to be the head MOH though, and my baby sister has been downgraded to the junior MOH as per Simpy lol.


      Simpy
 
    Kiran

Unfortunately, Simpy is temporarily back home in England so that she can gain some experience through supply teaching (she recently graduated as teacher) as there were no opportunities for her in Canada. This was a great start for her and ended up leading her to a full time position beginning in September!!

Although this is great news and I am so happy for her, it means she won't be here for any of the planning process. It sucks that timing didn't agree, but finding jobs are increasingly tough in certain fields and I'm grateful that she is building her career. She is still a big part of this wedding and is included in every major decision..just in a different time zone ;-) 


My sisters are very important to me and even though we fight, throw punches, pull hair (not really) and get annoyed with each other, we are always there for one another no matter what. I know that both of them will always have my back and help me create the most beautiful wedding ever !



My bridesmaids; I selected 3 special ladies to be my BM's. The lucky 3 were my beautiful cousins Sumeet and Amrita ( who are also sisters ) and one of my dearest friends Simran.

    Sumeet
    Amrita
    Simran
 
These 3 beautiful ladies are like sisters to me and I trust them with my life. I cannot wait to share this moment with them.




No comments:

Post a Comment