Saturday, March 1, 2014

Say YES to the dress x2!

Who loves the show "Say yes to the dress?" its one of my favourite wedding related shows! If only shopping for an indian outfit was that easy. 

Most indian brides-to-be go to India to shop for bridal wear, it's more cost effective and the variety is amazing! Unfortunately, due to work schedules etc I wasn't able to go. Secretly, I was upset but sometimes you have to make the best of what you have.

I researched online and through bridal magazines- also attended bridal shows.

With most stores they only book you by apppointment so make sure you call or email well in advance to gurantee a good time. Always come prepared, with your colour of choice, style etc.

I always knew I didnt want to wear the traditional red, I had a colour in mind but finding it was the hardest thing. I could never find the exact shade I needed, I find that's what happens when you decide to shop in Toronto vs India because you don't get the variety.

After countless weekends/hours shopping- I ended up selecting my wedding outfit- The colour was beautiful and even though it wasn't the exact shade it was perfect! The only downfall was I never got to try it on- I liked two different outfits and wanted to somehow combine them. I got to see how it will look on paper but will have to wait FOUR months before I can see the final look.

My Wedding outfit was purchased at Bombay Trendz, I dealt with the owners son Rohan. I will keep you all posted when i recieve it.


My reception outfit is so beautiful- It was completley different from what I orignally had in mind BUT  I LOVE IT!!! I purchase it from Jiva Couture- I met them at the Suhaag wedding show and I fell in love with there outifts. They showcase many different designers - you can take a peek on thier website  http://www.jivacouture.com/  The owners name is Shavali she works alongside her sister, They are so  lovely and patient!!

The designer I chose was SVA... But I wont give away what I picked just yet :)


Both these outfits made me feel beautiful cant wait to get all dressed up!



Can Anyone guess what colours I chose? LOL

1 comment:

  1. Wedding day i think a maroon deep red and reception hmm im guessing royal blue and purple... can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete